A strong commitment to Luxembourg companies
"Quality" and "excellence" are two of the core values of the Chamber of Commerce. Our aim is to provide a first-class service to Luxembourg companies and entrepreneurs. The Luxembourg Chamber of Commerce focuses on offering high quality services that meet both the current and future needs of its citizens. There are two main elements to this approach: proximity and commitment to Luxembourg companies. Our ambition is to harness this organisational excellence in order to make the Chamber of Commerce a truly remarkable institution.
Background to our quality approach
In 2007, the Chamber of Commerce launched its own quality initiative. The ISO 9001 standard was chosen for its strong customer focus and commitment to continuous improvement. Implementing this initiative enables us to document our integrated processes and make phased improvements to them, making them more robust and resilient in the process.
As the Chamber of Commerce and its scope have evolved enormously in recent years, we have explored ways of challenging and developing the framework implemented in accordance with the ISO 9001:2015 standard. The European Foundation of Quality Management model was identified as a powerful tool to guide the general organisation of the Chamber of Commerce in its aim to achieve excellence.
Organisational excellence for today and the future
At the end of 2022, the Chamber of Commerce carried out its first assessment under the EFQM model. The purpose of this approach is to obtain a holistic view of our organisation and the way in which our overall strategy is implemented with a view to continuous improvement.
The main aims of the EFQM model are to:
- provide guidance to organisations and individuals in the changes they face;
- measure the impact of the sustainable value creation of organisations, both internally and for their stakeholders;
- define the way forward to advance and enhance the performance of organisations.
The EFQM model incorporates those megatrends identified as having strong repercussions on companies. Applying the EFQM model within the Chamber of Commerce enables us to:
- strengthen our organisational capacity for improvement by developing a mindset of continuous progress;
- steer transformation by providing support right from the design stage, through to the implementation and management of the effectiveness of these programmes, so we can move on from where we are now to where we wish to be in the future;
- swiftly assess the maturity of the organisation by examining its current performance, capabilities, effectiveness in executing its strategy, and creating sustainable value.
The Chamber of Commerce's Quality Policy sets out its commitments and its missions. This document focuses on our vision for implementing quality and excellence within the Chamber of Commerce.
If you need to get in touch with us, you can do so at the following address: firstname.lastname@example.org