Multisectoral Mission to Mexico and Colombia
- Type de manifestation
- Mission économique
- 04.10.2015 - 10.10.2015
- Mexique, Colombie
- Conditions de participation
- Duly complete the attached registration form and return it to email@example.com, fax: 42 39 39-822. Deadline extended to 15th of August
The Chamber of Commerce of the Grand Duchy of Luxembourg, with the support of the Ministry of the Economy and the Belgian Economic & Commercial Attachés in Mexico and Bogota, will organise a mutlisectoral trade mission to Mexico and Colombia from the 4th to the 10th of October 2015. This multi-sectoral mission will start in Mexico and then continue to Bogota. In Bogota, the Chamber of Commerce delegation will participate in a joint seminar organised by the Ministry of Finance, the Association of the Luxembourg Fund Industry (ALFI) and the Chamber of Commerce, which will be opened by HE Pierre Gramegna, Minister of Finance.
Mexico is the eleventh largest economy in the world (in 2014, the GDP (PPP) was 2 143 billions USD*) with a huge domestic market of 122.3 million inhabitants. For almost 30 years, the country has pursued a path towards greater economic openness (36% of the GDP), focused on the liberalisation of international trade and attracting investment flows. In the meantime, many government-owned companies have been privatised. Today, the country has an attractive business environment, legal stability, free trade agreements with more than fifty countries and competitive labor costs. Huge progress has been made to improve its macroeconomic environment and important structural reforms have been undertaken.
Colombia is the third largest economy, the most business-friendly and the leading reforming country in Latin America according to the Doing Business Report of the World Bank. The country is driven by the size of its domestic market of 47 million inhabitants, various natural resources (minerals, coffee, oil and coal in particular), and by the quality of the workforce. The growth forecasts for Colombia are solid and stable in the long term and are estimated at 4.3% for 2015. It is also one of the few countries in the region that has never been lacking or renegotiated its external debt. The re-election of President Santos in June 2014 ensures the continuity of the major projects launched as part of his first term.
The program of the mission will include seminars, tailor-made individual business meetings upon request, official receptions, networking events and company visits. The mission is open to all sectors of activity. According to our first research, the sectors of interest are ICT, automotive, materials, logistics and ecotechnologies (see further details enclosed “Why Mexico and Colombia?”).
Interested companies are kindly requested to duly complete the attached registration form and return it to Mrs. Sarah Nilles, fax: 42 39 39-822, e-mail: mexcol2015(at)cc.lu, no later than August 15, 2015. After this date, business meetings cannot be guaranteed. The cancellation fee will be 200 €.
For further information about this upcoming mission, feel free to contact Mrs. Violaine Mathurin/Sabrina Aksil (T: 42 39 39-481/374). For further information about the roadshow to Peru and Colombia organised in parallel by ALFI, please contact the events team (events(at)alfi.lu – T: 22 30 26 1).
For further information about Mexico and Colombia:
- ICT in Mexico
- Information technologies in Mexico: a universe in motion
- Renewable energies in Mexico
- Automotive in Mexico
- The Mexican Automotive industry: leading the world
- Aerospace in Mexico
- Mexican aerospace industry: A booming innovation driver
- Logistics in Mexico
- The consolidation of Infrastructure works in Mexico
- CIA World factbook on Mexico
- Le Mexique sur le site de l'Awex
- Promexico: Mexico promotion agency
- Conseils sur comment aborder le marché mexicain
- ICT in Colombia
- Electric Power Generation in Colombia
- Colombian Floral Market
- Facthsheet CC
- CIA World factbook on Colombia
- Colombia Promotion Agency
- La Colombie sur le site de l'Awex
- Chambre de Commerce franco-colombienne
- Belgian Luxembourg Chamber of Commerce for Colombia : BelCol
- Mexico/Colombia: Invitation letter
- Mexico/Colombia: Registration form
- Mexico/Colombia: Draft prorgram
- Mexico/Colombia: Why should you join the mission?
- Mexico/Colombia: Delegation brochure
- Mexico: Seminar invitation English
- Mexico: Seminar invitation Spanish
- Colombia: Seminar invitation English
- Colombia: Seminar invitation Spanish
Les missions économiques sont conduites par la Chambre de Commerce du Grand-Duché de Luxembourg et organisées en étroite collaboration avec le réseau de chambres de commerce au niveau international, le réseau économique ou diplomatique luxembourgeois à l’étranger, les attachés commerciaux belges ou le département ministériel concerné.