"Mediation for Growth"
- Type de manifestation
- Conférence/Séminaire/Table ronde
- Wednesday 10 December 2014, 14.00-18.00
- European Parliament, Brussels, Room PHS P4B001
- Conditions de participation
- Online registration required
Unsolved disputes and lengthy judicial proceedings bear high costs for businesses. A 2014 study, published by the Legal Affairs Committee of the European Parliament, estimates that if mediation would systematically precede any trial in civil disputes, annual cost savings would be between €15 billion and €40 billion and annual time savings would equate to 8 million years!
Mediation as a competitive tool for the European economy will be discussed at the European Parliament on 10 December 2014 with the presence of companies and high level policy representatives. The conference will be followed up by a networking cocktail. The number of seat is limited and will be granted on a first- registered, first-served basis.
13.00 - 13.45
- Registration Altiero Spinelli (ASP) building, Place du Luxembourg, Espace Simone Veil entrance
14.00 - 14.40 Introductory remarks
- Mr Sergio Cofferati, Member of the European Parliament
- Mr Andrea Orlando, Italian Minister of Justice (TBC)
- Mr Henri Malosse, President of the European Economic and Social Committee
- Mr Sajjad Karim, Member of the European Parliament
14.40 - 16.00 Mediation a tool for growth
Panel moderator: Arnaldo Abruzzini, Secretary General EUROCHAMBRES
- Mr Marnik Vanhaverbeke, CEO at LAR (Legal Assistance and Recovery)
- Ms Tiziana Pompei, Deputy Secretary General Unioncamere
- Mr Hagel - Senior Advisor Claim Management Bombardier
- Mr Ian Kayanakis , Former Technip Corporate VL Legal -Group Litigations, founder and CEO of Lexalis Conseil
16.20 - 17.40 Promoting mediation at large scale
Panel moderator: Mr Michael Shotter, Head of Unit, European Commission
- Ms Diana Wallis, Former Vice President of the European Parliament, Consultant CEDR
- Ms Maria Lourdes Arastey , President of the Spanish section of GEMME and judge of the Spanish Supreme Court
- Mr Christian Graf, Head of Legal and Taxes Hamburg Chamber of Commerce
17.50 - 18.00 Closing remarks
- Ms V?ra Jourová, Commissioner for Justice, Consumers and Gender Equality (video message)
18.00 - 20.00 Networking cocktail
Deadline for registration is Monday, 1st of December 2014
Please remember to bring a valid ID for the registration at the entrance of the European Parliament.
Please click here to access the map of the European Parliament (access from entrance number 4).
For further information, please contact Ms Alexia HENGL at email@example.com.
Réunion et débats entre professionnels