Seminar Africa: Business and Investment Opportunities
- Type de manifestation
- Conférence/Séminaire/Table ronde
- Chambre de Commerce
- Conditions de participation
- In case of interest, please send back the attached registration form duly completed by no later than Friday, November 7, 2014 to email@example.com.
The Chamber of Commerce has the privilege to invite you to the seminar “Africa: Business and Investment Opportunities” organized in partnership with the newly established organisation “LuxAfrica Investments Association”. The event will be held at 4:30pm on Tuesday, the 11th of November 2014 at the Chamber of Commerce of the Grand Duchy of Luxembourg.
During the last years Africa became another emerging market. Abundant natural resources, developing financial, legal, communications and transport sectors have put Africa on track to become another major growth pole in the world economy. In order to present you some of the numerous opportunities and investment possibilities of the different markets, we have won renowned speakers to share their experience with you.
5:00 Welcome speech by Mr Carlo Thelen, Director General, Luxembourg Chamber of Commerce
5:10 Introduction of LuxAfrica Investments Association asbl by Mr Valere Twagirayezu, Chairman of the Association
5:15 “The African Investment opportunities for Private Equity and Business Angels (Private Equity and Venture Capital)” by Mrs Candace Johnson, Co-initiator of SES/ASTRA and SES Global
5:30 "Investment and Business opportunities in ICT” by Dr. Bitange Ndemo, Permanent Secretary, Ministry of Information and Communication, Republic of Kenya, Associate Professor of Entrepreneurship and Management Consultant
5:45 “Investment and Business opportunities in Logistics” by Mr. Patrick Jeanne, Manager Government relations and traffic rights, Cargolux Airlines International
6:00 Panel discussion How does Luxembourg, the 2nd largest investment fund centre, take advantage of these opportunities
- Mr Paul-Michael Schonenberg, Chairman and CEO of the American Chamber of Commerce in Luxembourg
- Mrs Eleanor de Rosmorduc, Market Intelligence Senior Advisor at Luxembourg for Finance
- Mr Emmanuel Sturla, Client Advocate / Regional Manager of Gras Savoye International (Paris)
- Mr Michel Kayembe, Founder of 3nityGlobal Luxembourg
- Moderator: Mr. Lanre Akinola – Editor, This is Africa - Financial Times
6:50 Question & Answer
7:00 Networking cocktail
The seminar will be followed by a reception offering excellent networking opportunities among participants.
In case of interest, please send back the attached registration form duly completed by no later than Friday, November 7, 2014 to international(at)cc.lu.
For further information, please feel free to contact Mr Daniel Sahr, Advisor International Affairs (by phone: 42 39 39 - 313 or by e-mail: daniel.sahr(at)cc.lu).
Réunion et débats entre professionnels