Country seminar: Why Romania?
- Type de manifestation
- Chambre de Commerce
- Conditions de participation
- Complete the registration form by 15 January 2018
On January 18th 2018, the Chamber of Commerce of the Grand Duchy of Luxembourg, the Romanian Embassy in the Grand Duchy of Luxembourg and the Romania-Luxembourg Business Forum asbl will organize a country seminar on the various business opportunities in Romania.
A business gateway between Western and Eastern Europe, Romania offers a stable economic environment, one of the most robust and strong economic growth in the European Union, a market of considerable dimensions (Romania is the 7th largest country in the EU in terms of population) and significant developments in the fields of technology and innovation.
A dynamic economy, a highly educated and skilled talent pool, a touristic potential to be discovered, a strong industrial infrastructure are all assets to make Romania a strategic choice and a potential future business destination.
Romania in figures:
Romania ranks 1st in the EU in top of economic growth (5,7%), with more than double of the EU average (2,4%). In 2016, the GDP grew by 4,8% compared to 2015. Foreign Direct Investments increased by 24% in the first four months of 2017, reaching approximately 1,3 billion EUR, a positive trend expected to continue.
Romania also ranked first among European countries with the highest average peak internet connection speed (Q3, 2016).
Romania counts more than 30.000 people working in the research field, out of wich 18.000 are high skilled researchers. The most advanced research facility in the world focusing on the study of photonuclear physics and its applications is placed in Romania: the Extreme Light Infrastructure - Nuclear Physics (ELI-NP).
Bucharest, the capital of Romania, with a population of almost 2 million inhabitants, is the 6th largest city in the EU and has direct and connecting flights to 84 European destinations in 29 countries, out of wich direct flights to 23 EU capital cities.
- How could Luxembourg companies benefit from these developments?
- What are the existing opportunities for Luxembourg companies in this large market?
- Where are the greatest opportunities for Luxembourgish investors?
These are the questions the country seminar of January 18th will attempt to answer. Among several topics that are on the seminar's agenda, we would like to highlight some of them in particular:
- Why invest in Romania?
- Ease of doing business in Romania
- The investment climate
- Business Ecosystem
- State Aid Scheme
- Attractive regions for Foreign Direct Investments
- Success stories
The seminar, open to all sectors of activity, will also include a presentation of the Romanian economy, useful advices and tips for investors, as well as testimonials from Luxembourg companies active in Romania, which can constitute interesting benchmarks for Luxembourg companies that would like to develop their business in the country. Investment needs are still enormous in this ever-expanding market and there are many opportunities, be it for innovation, research, ICT, tourism or the industry.
- 15.30 - 16.00 Registration
- 16:00 - 16:10 Welcoming speech by the Chamber of Commerce of Luxembourg
- 16:10 - 16:30 Overview of Romania's economic situation
- 16:30 - 17:10 Keynote speech: Why Romania?
- 17:10 - 17:40 Testimonial Speeches of Luxembourg-based companies that are already active in Romania
- 17.40 - 17.50 Q & A session
- 17.50 - 18.00 Closing Remarks
- 18:00 Networking Reception with traditional Romanian cuisine and wine
In order to participate, you are kindly requested to duly complete the linked registration form no later than January 15, 2018.
For further information about this upcoming event, feel free to contact Steven Koener from International Affairs (tel: 42 39 39 - 379; steven.koener(at)cc.lu).
Manifestation d'un autre type (combinaison de plusieurs types, forum, colloque, etc.)