Call to become the next Nippon Export award winner!
Nippon Export Award 2019-2020
The 10th edition of the Nippon Export Award organized by the Belgian-Luxembourg Chamber of Commerce in Japan (BLCCJ) is now open for applications!
What is the Nippon Export Award?
The “Nippon Export Award” is an initiative of the Belgian-Luxembourg Chamber of Commerce in Japan, with the purpose to reward those SMEs or large companies that have made significant achievements in exporting to Japan, importing into Japan, or distributing within Japan, Belgian-Luxembourg products or services.
This award is aimed at enhancing the winner’s image in both Belgian-Luxembourg and Japanese markets, and is an incentive for the company, its staff, and its stakeholders.
The winning company will receive an award and is allowed to mention on all their documents: “Winner of the Nippon Export Award 2019-2020”. The use of the Nippon Export Award logo will also be granted.
The winner will also benefit from:
- Media attention: local media are invited to the Award ceremony and encouraged to write articles on the Nippon Export Award and its recipient
- The possibility of inviting guests/business contacts to the Award ceremony
- Special feature coverage on the BLCCJ website and social media
The BLCCJ is asking for the High Patronage of:
- H.E. Mr. Charles Michel, Prime Minister of Belgium
- H.E. Mr. Xavier Bettel, Prime Minister of Luxembourg
The BLCCJ also asked for the patronage of:
- Embassy of Belgium in Japan
- Embassy of Luxembourg in Japan
- Flanders Investment & Trade (FIT)
- Brussels Invest & Export (BI&E)
- Wallonia Export-Investment Agency (AWEX)
- Luxembourg Chamber of Commerce
Furthermore the Nippon Export Award is also supported by the Belgo-Luxembourg Market Council (BLMC).
Where and when?
The deadline for the 2019-2020 edition is Friday 30 August 2019.
A first selection of 3 candidates will be made by the BLCCJ Organizing Committee in September and the final winner will be chosen by a professional jury in October. This will be commemorated with an award ceremony at the Belgian or Luxembourg Embassy before the end of the year. The winner will also be announced at the annual BLCCJ gala ball, on 21 November 2019.
Conditions for Application
The award is open to any company exporting to Japan, importing into Japan or distributing within Japan, Belgian-Luxembourg products/services.
Companies must have been actively exporting to Japan, importing into Japan or distributing within Japan for a minimum of 3 years.
Previous winners can reapply four years after their last participation with a different brand or service.
Applicants do not need to be a BLCCJ member.
Companies without representative office in Japan are also eligible.
The winning company will have shown outstanding export achievements.
The selection criteria are:
- The presence in the Japanese market and the company’s significant achievement (either growth or size) in trade with Japan.
- Showing vision in new niche markets, daring innovation to embark on new opportunities.
- Perseverance in the conquest of the market, adaptation of the products and services to the Japanese taste and standards.
- Originality of approach (marketing, distribution, environment protection, design, research…).
- The company’s spirit (marketing, merchandising…)
For more information please contact the BLCCJ office:
*Previous winners are:
Puratos Japan (2004), Frisk International NV (2005), Ecover NV (2006), Sarnoff Europe NV (2007), Agfa-Gevaert Japan (2009), Materialise Japan (2011), Godiva Japan (2013), UCB Japan (2015), Eurasia Trading (2017)
The Chamber of Commerce together with its partner BLCCJ support Luxembourg companies to apply and to win this 10th anniversary’s award!
For further information and your contact in Luxembourg Chamber of Commerce: Ms. Na Shi/Ms. Sabrina Aksil, Tel: +352 42 39 39 364/374, E-mail: Asia(at)cc.lu