Visit of London’s tech scene
- Event Typ
- 11.04.2016 - 12.04.2016
The Chamber of Commerce of the Grand Duchy of Luxembourg, in collaboration with the Luxembourg Embassy in London, the Belgian Luxembourg Chamber of Commerce in London (BLCC), and the Ministry of the Economy will organise a tour of London's burgeoning tech scene from the 11th to the 12th of April 2016.
- London has been ranked number one city in Europe for supporting both startups and scale-ups in the European Digital City Index
- Tech firms in London secured 1.2 billion EUR in venture capital financing over the course of 2014, double the figure for 2013 and 10 times the figure of 2010
- Over the next ten years the number of digital technology companies in London is expected to rise to 45,000 and create more than 15 billion EUR of economic activity, according to research by Oxford Economics
- 13 tech unicorns are based in London. More than the total of Sweden and Germany put together
- In London alone there are over 36 business accelerators as well as over 70 co-working spaces
During this visit, attendees will tour a range of innovative tech companies in Europe’s fastest growing technology capital, including start-up accelerators and co-working spaces such as Level39, WeWork, Runway East, and Unruly/The Bakery.
There will also be an accompanied visit to the Cloud Expo Europe, the world’s biggest, multi-award winning cloud event. The trade mission offers the possibility to present Luxembourg’s know-how and technologies, but also to stimulate an exchange and knowledge-sharing with the London counterparts.
If you are interested in registering, you are kindly requested to duly complete the attached registration form and send it back to england(at)cc.lu no later than March 18, 2016. For further information about this upcoming visit, feel free to contact Ms Diana Rutledge or Ms Viviane Hoor (tel: 42 39 39 – 335/315).
Wirtschaftliche Missionen werden von der Handelskammer des Großherzogtums Luxemburg durchgeführt und in enger Zusammenarbeit mit dem internationalen Netzwerk der Handelskammern, dem wirtschaftlichen oder diplomatischen Netzwerk Luxemburgs im Ausland, den belgischen Handelsattachés oder der betreffenden Abteilung des Ministeriums organisiert.