Call for the Luxembourg candidates of the 11th edition of Nippon Export Award (2021-2022)
The 11th edition of the Nippon Export Award organized by the Belgian-Luxembourg Chamber of Commerce in Japan (BLCCJ) is now open for applications!
What is the Nippon Export Award?
The “Nippon Export Award” is an initiative of the Belgian-Luxembourg Chamber of Commerce in Japan, with the purpose to reward those SMEs or large companies that have made significant achievements in exporting to Japan, importing into Japan, or distributing within Japan, Belgian-Luxembourg products or services.
This award is aimed at enhancing the winner’s image in both Belgian-Luxembourg and Japanese markets, and is an incentive for the company, its staff and its stakeholders.
The Nippon Export Award is organised every 2 years. In 2021 launches the 11th edition.
The winning company will receive an award, and will be allowed to mention on all their documents: “Winner of the Nippon Export Award 2021-2022”. The use of the Nippon Export Award logo will also be granted.
The winner will also benefit from:
- The possibility to invite guests/business contacts to the Award ceremony
- Media attention: local media are invited to the Award ceremony and encouraged to write articles on the Nippon Export Award and its recipient
- Special feature coverage on the BLCCJ website and social media
The Nippon Export Award is under the High Patronage of:
- The Prime Minister of Belgium
- The Prime Minister of Luxembourg
Also granting their patronage to the Award are:
- Embassy of Belgium in Japan
- Embassy of Luxembourg in Japan
- Luxembourg Chamber of Commerce
- Flanders Investment & Trade (FIT)
- Wallonia Export-Investment Agency (AWEX)
- hub.brussels invest & export
Furthermore, the Nippon Export Award is also supported by the Belgo-Luxembourg Market Council (BLMC).
Where and when?
Application deadline: Tuesday 31 August 2021
In September the BLCCJ NEA Taskforce will select 3 finalists who will be invited to make a presentation for a professional jury in October. Companies not based in Tokyo can opt for a remote presentation via Zoom or other digital platform.
The winner will be commemorated with an award ceremony at the Belgian or Luxembourg Embassy before the end of the year. The winner will also be announced at the annual BLCCJ gala ball on 5 November 2021 at Conrad Tokyo.
Conditions for Application
- The award is open to any company exporting to Japan, importing into Japan or distributing within Japan, Belgian-Luxembourg products/services.
- Companies must have been actively exporting to Japan, importing into Japan or distributing within Japan for a minimum of 3 years.
- Previous winners can reapply four years after their last participation with a different brand or service.
- Applicants do not need to be a BLCCJ member.
- Companies without representative office in Japan are also eligible.
The winning company will have shown outstanding export achievements.
The selection criteria are:
- The presence in the Japanese market and the company’s significant achievement (either growth or size) in trade with Japan.
- Showing vision in new niche markets, daring innovation to embark on new opportunities.
- Perseverance in the conquest of the market, adaptation of the products and services to the Japanese taste and standards.
- Originality of approach (marketing, distribution, environment protection, design, research…)
- The company’s spirit (marketing, merchandising…).
- Note: for the purpose of this year’s NEA selection, any impact -positive or negative- caused by COVID-19, will be taken into consideration in the evaluation.
Past winners of the Nippon Export Award are:
- Puratos Japan KK: Award Winner in 2004
- Frisk International NV: Award Winner in 2005
- Ecover NV: Award Winner in 2006
- Sarnoff Europe: Award Winner in 2007
- Agfa Gevaert Japan: Award Winner in 2009
- Materialise Japan: Award Winner in 2011
- Godiva Japan, Inc.: Award winner in 2013
- UCB Japan Co., Ltd.: Award winner in 2015
- Eurasia Trading Co., Ltd.: Award winner in 2017
- Grunberger Diamonds Japan: Award winner in 2019
If you are interested in participating in the 2021-2022 edition, please send back the attached questionnaire to info(at)blccj.or.jp by Tuesday 31 August 2021.
The questionnaire will have to be accompanied by a powerpoint presentation or other materials. The application has to be done in English.
If you would know Belgian/Luxembourg or Japanese companies that are eligible for participation in the NEA competition, please do not hesitate to circulate the information to them. This competition is open to BLCCJ members and non-members.
The Chamber of Commerce together with its partner BLCCJ support Luxembourg companies to apply and to win this 11th anniversary’s award!
For further information and your contact in Luxembourg Chamber of Commerce: Ms. Na Shi/Ms. Sabrina Aksil, Tel: +352 42 39 39 364/374, E-mail: Asia(at)cc.lu