“The Age of Chinese Capital: Chinese Investments in Europe”
- Type de manifestation
- 30 March 2017, 5pm – 8pm (end of panel discussion 7pm)
- Luxembourg Chamber of Commerce
The world is entering a new era in which China is moving from the periphery to the core of the global financial and monetary order. Chinese direct investment in Europe has been hitting record heights in recent years while other forms of financial relations with China, particularly in Luxembourg, have also increased significantly. At the same time, China’s domestic economy is under pressure and the direction of key economic policies remains a key debate. China is indeed in the middle of a transition to a new growth model that entails ambitious agendas for industrial upgrading and financial reform.
The conference will provide an up-to-date assessment of the shifting economic conditions that shape the “New Era of Chinese Capital”. Experts from both the financial and logistics sector will provide insights into existing projects, best practices and novel business opportunities.
- 5:00pm - 5:10pm : Welcome address
Carlo Thelen, Director General, Chamber of Commerce
- 5:10pm - 5:20pm : Introductory remarks
His Excellency Dr. Heinrich Kreft, German Ambassador to Luxembourg
- 5:20pm - 5:50pm : Keynote Speech: "China and Europe: Shifting economic conditions and novel business opportunities"
Prof. Dr. Sebastian Heilmann, President MERICS
- 5:50pm - 6:40pm : Round table
- Laurent Schummer, Partner, Arendt & Medernach
- Xuexue Lang, Head of Corporate Banking Department & Head of Investment Banking Center, ICBC Luxembourg Branch & ICBC Europe
- Mikko Huotari, Head of Program, Foreign Relations, MERICS
- Representative of a logistics company
- 6:40pm – 6:50pm : Q&A session
- 6:50pm – 7:00pm : Closing remarks
His Excellency Mr Pierre Gramegna, Minister of Finance
- 7:00pm : Networking cocktail
Moderator: Sascha Bremer, Market Intelligence Advisor, Luxembourg for Finance
Interested companies are kindly requested to register online, no later than March 27th, 2017 (max. attendance 300 participants).
To register, click on the button hereafter.
Réunion et débats entre professionnels